In the VP debate tonight, Cheney has claimed:
1. That the "coalition" we have today just as strong as the one in 1991.
2. That he never said Saddam and 9/11 were linked.
3. He says the Bush campaign has never criticized Kerry's patriotism.
4. That when Sen. Edwards said 90% of the casualties in the coalition were Americans, Sen. Edwards was "demeaning" the sacrifices of the ING (Iraqis).
5. He says the Bush administration has created 1.7 million jobs.
6. He says the Bush team will drive the deficit down 50 percent in the course of the next five years. He also wants to make the tax cuts for those making over $200,000 a year permanent.
7. That the Bush administration has done a lot to reduce the cost of health care.
8. He says the Army has never asked for more troops in Iraq.
9. He says we don't need more American troops in Iraq, all we need is to get the Iraqis into the fight.
10. He says he doesn't know why the nation is so divided today, more than it was four years ago.
11. He says that the Bush administration reaches out to democrats, and mentioned ZELL MILLER as an example of that.
12. He says the Bush administration has put our economy on the "upward path."
13. He says the Bush adminstration will do everything it can to preserve Social Security (see number 6 for a clue on how to do that).
14. He says the only viable option to win the war on terror is the one Bush has chosen.
Sure sounds great. He was really laid-back and not the attack dog he usually is (because he wants to be a nice guy).
Hey, just because all of those things aren't true doesn't mean they don't sound great.